Simple phpBB3.0 Bridge for Joomla1.5

在这里讨论PHPBB3.0.X相关的使用、安装等话题
Forum rules
再次重申: 请不要用站内信件问问题, 有问题直接发到相应版面上, 今后任何此类信件恕不回复.
IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Simple phpBB3.0 Bridge for Joomla1.5

Post by IOsetting » 2008-03-09 22:44

#######################################################
## Title: phpBB3 - Joomla1.5 Bridge
## Author: IOsetting http://www.phpbbchina.com
## Description:
## Integrate Joomla1.5 with phpBB3. Joomla becomes the add-on CMS of phpBB, share the user data.
## This bridge is for the already running forum -- Joomla will share the user data from phpBB
##
## If you are going to install a new forum for an already running Joomla,
## please use another bridge: Joomla1.5 - phpBB3 Bridge
##
## Version: 1.1 - Build 20080309
##
## Installation Level: Easy
## Installation Time: 10 Minutes
## Download
## No demo for the present
#######################################################

BEFORE INSTALL:
1. This bridge can handle one database only, which means your joomla and phpBB3 should be installed in the same database.

phpBB3:

No change.

Joomla1.5:

BEFORE INSTALL:
Some changes in joomla.sql and joomla_backward.sql in folder installation/sql/mysql:

replace all
TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8` (in joomla.sql, 36 occurrences)
TYPE=MyISAM (in joomla_backward.sql, 36 occurrences)
with
CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`

NOTE: This change will make the user name case sensitive -- Joomla will record it when user log on Joomal for the first time.

AFTER INSTALL:
1. COPY <bridge file>/libraries/phpbbtools TO <joomla1.5 root>/libraries/phpbbtools
2. COPY <bridge file>/adminstrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_authentication_phpbb3_pbc.ini TO <joomla1.5 root>/adminstrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_authentication_phpbb3_pbc.ini
3. COPY <bridge file>/adminstrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_user_phpbb3_pbc.ini TO <joomla1.5 root>/adminstrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_user_phpbb3_pbc.ini

4. Install the plugin in folder <bridge file>/plugins/authentication
4.1 COPY <bridge file>/plugins/authentication/phpbb3_pbc.php TO <joomla1.5 root>/tmp/phpbb3_pbc.php
4.2 COPY <bridge file>/plugins/authentication/phpbb3_pbc.xml TO <joomla1.5 root>/tmp/phpbb3_pbc.xml
4.3 In Joomla control panel, Extensions->Install/Uninstall->Install from Directory, input '../tmp', then click 'Install'
4.4 Modify the 'Table prefix' property of 'Authentication - phpBB3' in Plugin Manager, it's 'phpbb_' by default
4.5 Enable 'Authentication - phpBB3', disable 'Authentication - Joomla'

5. Install the plugin in folder <bridge file>/plugins/user
5.1 COPY <bridge file>/plugins/user/phpbb3_pbc.php TO <joomla1.5 root>/tmp/phpbb3_pbc.php
5.2 COPY <bridge file>/plugins/user/phpbb3_pbc.xml TO <joomla1.5 root>/tmp/phpbb3_pbc.xml
5.3 In Joomla control panel, Extensions->Install/Uninstall->Install from Directory, input '../tmp', then click 'Install'
5.4 Modify the 'Table prefix' property of 'User - phpbb3' in Plugin Manager, it's 'phpbb_' by default
5.5 Enable 'User - phpbb3', disable 'User - Joomla!'

6. Disable new registration from Joomla. In Global Configuration->System, switch 'Allow User Registration' to 'No'.

Joomla style rhuk_milkyway for phpBB3:

1. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/styles/prosilver/templateoverall_header.php, overall_footer.php TO <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/template
2. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/styles/prosilver/theme/*.css TO <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/
3. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/styles/prosilver/theme/images/* TO <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/images/
4. OPEN <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/common.css
FIND AND DELETE
background-color: #FFFFFF;

ADD following lines at the end of common.css:
#page-header, #page-body, #page-footer {
margin: 0 21px 0px 21px;
background: #fff;
width: auto;
}
SAVE and CLOSE

OPEN <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css
FIND AND DELETE
background-color: #FFFFFF;

SAVE and CLOSE, then refresh the prosilver theme in your phpbb ACP

fyrftr72
初来乍到
初来乍到

Re: Simple phpBB3.0 Bridge for Joomla1.5

Post by fyrftr72 » 2008-03-18 3:30

Hello IOsetting, thanks for the bridge as all my users are in an existing phpBB3 site. I have installed on my local server and have both working but not communicating. I have installed Joomla in my root without the "joomla" folder. I have the board installed in "phpBB3" folder. In your install directions
you have for the plugins:
Modify the 'Table prefix' property of 'Authentication - phpBB3' in Plugin Manager, it's 'phpbb_' by default
for both Auth and User. Are we to change this to the Joomla table prefix of "jos_" ?
When the board users were not working in Joomla I changed the prefix to "jos_" is this correct?
What about my folders, are they ok?

phpBB3 3.0.0
Joomla 1.5.1

Thanks for any help in advance.
Gene

hamba
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by hamba » 2008-03-18 16:35

Thank you for your great job. I already installed and works fine. But I can not login to Joomla Administration page. Please help. Thanks

IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Post by IOsetting » 2008-03-18 17:42

hamba wrote:Thank you for your great job. I already installed and works fine. But I can not login to Joomla Administration page. Please help. Thanks
Creat a user named "admin" (note: case sensitive) in your phpbb forum, then you can login joomla with it. (because the joomla installation will creat a admin user by default)

Then you can assign a adminstrator's role to this user in phpbb, this account would be the adminstrator of both systems.

fyrftr72 wrote:Hello IOsetting, thanks for the bridge as all my users are in an existing phpBB3 site. I have installed on my local server and have both working but not communicating. I have installed Joomla in my root without the "joomla" folder. I have the board installed in "phpBB3" folder. In your install directions
you have for the plugins:
Modify the 'Table prefix' property of 'Authentication - phpBB3' in Plugin Manager, it's 'phpbb_' by default
for both Auth and User. Are we to change this to the Joomla table prefix of "jos_" ?
When the board users were not working in Joomla I changed the prefix to "jos_" is this correct?
What about my folders, are they ok?

phpBB3 3.0.0
Joomla 1.5.1

Thanks for any help in advance.
Gene
No, it's not the table prefix of joomla, but phpbb. Open the file config.php under your phpbb3 installation, find the line:

Code: Select all

$table_prefix = 'xxxxx_';
For above example, it's 'xxxxx_'. Use it as the 'Table prefix' property.

It dosen't matter where the folders are.

hamba
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by hamba » 2008-03-18 21:30

IOsetting wrote:
hamba wrote:Thank you for your great job. I already installed and works fine. But I can not login to Joomla Administration page. Please help. Thanks
Creat a user named "admin" (note: case sensitive) in your phpbb forum, then you can login joomla with it. (because the joomla installation will creat a admin user by default)

Then you can assign a adminstrator's role to this user in phpbb, this account would be the adminstrator of both systems.
It works.. thanks alot for your help...

fyrftr72
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by fyrftr72 » 2008-03-18 21:33

IOsetting wrote: No, it's not the table prefix of joomla, but phpbb. Open the file config.php under your phpbb3 installation, find the line:

$table_prefix = 'xxxxx_';
For above example, it's 'xxxxx_'. Use it as the 'Table prefix' property.

It dosen't matter where the folders are.
Well, thanks for your response. After changing the table prefix to Joomla's I quickly realized that was wrong. I didn't think the folders should matter. I'm a little confused about the table prefix. I have left it as "phpbb_" and it works fine. I'm not sure if it needs to be changed?? Here is the problem: When I login to the Joomla front end with one of my phpBB3 user names, it logs me in, but then when I go to the forum it won't allow me to view the forums. It shows me in the list as logged in but with no access to the forum. I am working on my local server with a backup copy of the existing live database from my live site. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

hamba
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by hamba » 2008-03-19 22:03

I have login problem. If I login from Joomla, it will automatically login to phpBB. But if I login from phpBB, I have to login again in Joomla. So, I think I will remove login form in phpBB and keep one in Joomla, is it ok?
My login form in Joomla doesn't come with Register, how can I add one in Joomla?
Thank you.

soccerboyis
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by soccerboyis » 2008-03-20 7:50

//Authorise the user based on the group information
		if(!isset($options['group'])) {
			$options['group'] = 'USERS';
		}
How can I configure the above code so that it looks at the user_type instead of the group. Joomla is allowing anyone that signs up on my forum to log in (Even when they are at Inactive status on my forums). If I can get it to look at the user_type in mysql database then I can say only authorize users that have user_type=0 (Since user_type=0 is active users and user_type=1 is inactive users).

soccerboyis
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by soccerboyis » 2008-03-21 7:33

Ya, nevermind about my last post. I just got finished writing my own code. It seems to be working fine right now. The only problem is that Joomla is keeping the user log'd in after I hit log out. I have to close my browser and re-open it so I get the login fields again.

ssnobben
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by ssnobben » 2008-03-26 1:37

Hi

I just wonder about this bcs I want to use a bridge/connector for making Joomla 1.5.2 and phpBB 3.1 sharing users and login correctly. :grin:

As I know there is three other solutions also now where you log in from Joomla.
Jfusion - not altering any dbs
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

The CB connector allowing for using CB connector and all Joomla and phpBB versions
http://www.cbconnector.com/

The Rokbridge
http://www.rocketwerx.com/forum/viewfor ... 18d33290f0
Old Medhis bridge http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/phpbbjoom.htm

But what I understand by reading here is that you install phpBB 3.1 first and then install Joomla 1.5 ? So the reg process will be using the phpBB reg process instead of Joomla?

Rgds :ugeek:

jwxie
炉火纯青
炉火纯青

Post by jwxie » 2008-04-03 5:39

I am not sure about how those bridged scripts work
yet, I think can answer this question for IOSetting
But what I understand by reading here is that you install phpBB 3.1 first and then install Joomla 1.5 ? So the reg process will be using the phpBB reg process instead of Joomla?

Rgds :ugeek:
Yes, phpBB3 Bridge for Jommla, meaning you have to first install a phpBB3.0 forum
And I will suggest you to have additional admin account beside "admin" as default.
Then you follow all the instructions and login Joomla with your "phpBB" administration accounts.
Yes, accounts, see which one works, which one doesn't. To my understanding, since I am testing with MySQL 4.0.27, it is not compatible with COLLATE UTF-8 BIN, so I deleted that phrase. The problem is I could not login with "admin" as a user name.

Once you bridged the two platforms, you actually make phpBB_users shared with Joomla. Now, when a new user register, it goes to only phpBB. The old member may somehow have a little problems, I haven't test any except with the "admin" user name.

Fury
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by Fury » 2008-05-31 6:13

will i be able to use this if i already have joomla installed?

rhodri
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by rhodri » 2008-06-04 17:13

Posted in wrong thread, sorry.

sparkz
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by sparkz » 2008-06-12 4:16

soccerboyis wrote:Ya, nevermind about my last post. I just got finished writing my own code. It seems to be working fine right now. The only problem is that Joomla is keeping the user log'd in after I hit log out. I have to close my browser and re-open it so I get the login fields again.
I also have this problem and also one other...

if users access the site 1st by using the direct link (http://www.domain.com/forum) they are not logged in.....however if they 1st go to the joomla bit 1st (http://www.domain.com) then click the header to take them to forum (http://www.domain.com/forum) they are logged in.

its causing me problems as 99% of users have bookmarked the forum URL and hence having to keep on logging in

any ideas or sugestions welcomed....thanks again for a great bridge :)

sparkz
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by sparkz » 2008-06-19 1:33

any help with this?..

currently ive added a HTML redirect so if anyone goes to /forum they are pointed back to root and then click /forum....it sorta gets around it..but if anyone gets a PM for example they click the link...then have to log in...

:ugeek: