Simple Joomla1.5 Bridge for phpBB3.0

在这里讨论PHPBB3.0.X相关的使用、安装等话题
Forum rules
再次重申: 请不要用站内信件问问题, 有问题直接发到相应版面上, 今后任何此类信件恕不回复.
IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Simple Joomla1.5 Bridge for phpBB3.0

Post by IOsetting » 2007-11-08 11:47

#######################################################
## Title: Joomla1.5 User Bridge for phpBB3.0
## Author: IOsetting
## Description:
## Integrate phpBB3 with Joomla1.5
## Version: 1.1 (Build 20080207)
##
## Installation Level: Easy
## Installation Time: 10 Minutes
## Download
## Demo
#######################################################

BEFORE INSTALL:
1. This bridge can handle one database only, which means your joomla and phpBB3 should be installed in the same database.

phpBB3:

1. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/includes/auth/auth_db.php TO <phpbb3 root>/includes/auth/auth_db.php
2. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/includes/auth/helper.php TO <phpbb3 root>/includes/auth/helper.php
3. OPEN
<phpbb3 root>/includes/auth/auth_db.php
FIND
jos_users
REPLACE WITH
<your joomla user table name>

Joomla1.5:

1. COPY <bridge file>/libraries/phpbbtools TO <joomla1.5 root>/libraries/phpbbtools
2. COPY <bridge file>/adminstrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_user_phpbb3.ini TO <joomla1.5 root>/adminstrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_user_phpbb3.ini
3. Install the plugin in folder <bridge file>/plugins/user
4. Modify the 'phpbb db prefix' property of 'User-phpbb3' in Plugin Manager, it's 'phpbb_' by default
5. Enable 'User-phpbb3', disable 'User - Joomla!' in Plugin Manager.

Joomla style rhuk_milkyway for phpBB3:

1. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/styles/prosilver/templateoverall_header.php, overall_footer.php TO <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/template
2. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/styles/prosilver/theme/*.css TO <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/
3. COPY <bridge file>/phpbb_files/styles/prosilver/theme/images/* TO <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/images/
4. OPEN <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/common.css
FIND AND DELETE
background-color: #FFFFFF;

ADD following lines at the end of common.css:
#page-header, #page-body, #page-footer {
margin: 0 21px 0px 21px;
background: #fff;
width: auto;
}
SAVE and CLOSE

OPEN <phpbb3 root>/styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css
FIND AND DELETE
background-color: #FFFFFF;

SAVE and CLOSE, then refresh the prosilver theme in your phpbb ACP

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in this forum
Last edited by IOsetting on 2008-02-07 17:50, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Version update

jwxie
炉火纯青
炉火纯青

Re: Simple Joomla1.5 Bridge for phpBB3.0

Post by jwxie » 2007-11-09 12:32

I'm going to wait at least another month because I predict that the final phpBB3 will release before mid-December, or soon the beginning of December.

It's less likely that the officials will release it at Christmas time, because most of the them will leave their works and as well as Internet, for holidays.

For this bridge modification, it's a wonderful plugins to annex the phpBB3 with Joomla1.5
however, even when the final comes out, I will wait another month for the full stable release for both phpbb3 and joomla 1.5 bridge for phpBB3.0

joomla is not a handy(easy) cms to use, the administration control plane is a bit off in the previous versions. Yet, somthing cms is not a great idea to use if your consumers aren't wide-spread.
I would rather to use just phpBB portal, of wordpress + phpbb3

it's a very objective choice, though..

IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Post by IOsetting » 2007-11-10 18:49

The demo is here
In this demo, two applications are using the user data from joomla.

1. When you create joomla account, you will get an "Object id #124" error. It's a bug of joomla 1.5RC3. Don't worry about it.
2. Before you test the login/logout sync feature, you need log on phpBB once.

3. Login/logout joomla will also login/logout phpBB, while login/logout phpBB won't affect joomla.

And_One
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by And_One » 2007-11-12 6:37

First, thank you for the great work on the bridge!

I have tried to install the bridge and get several errors after a successfull install:

Warning: strtr() [function.strtr]: The second argument is not an array. in E:\eclipse-3.3\workspace-espace\ares\trunk\www\libraries\phpbbtools\phpbbtools.php on line 667

Warning: strtr() [function.strtr]: The second argument is not an array. in E:\eclipse-3.3\workspace-espace\ares\trunk\www\libraries\phpbbtools\phpbbtools.php on line 672

Warning: strtr() [function.strtr]: The second argument is not an array. in E:\eclipse-3.3\workspace-espace\ares\trunk\www\libraries\phpbbtools\phpbbtools.php on line 32

Fatal error: Call to undefined method phpbbtools::phpbb3_get_userid() in E:\eclipse-3.3\workspace-espace\ares\trunk\www\plugins\user\phpbb3.php on line 140

Are you sure that you have released the latest working version?

My System:

PHP 5.2.4 (cli) (built: Aug 30 2007 07:06:31)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

phpbb3 RC7
Joomla 1.5 latest SVN checkout

Some Feedback and Bugfixes would be great.

IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Post by IOsetting » 2007-11-12 11:33

Hi And_One,

I think you must have edited the files under phpbbtools/data folder. These files are directly copied from includes/utf folder of phpBB3 RC7, edited by general text editors will damage the format.
I have updated this bridge, please check above content for new information.

And_One
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by And_One » 2007-11-12 15:49

I have copied the files. No editing, just did what the readme tells me ;) . Still wont work with your updates, same error. Any hints ?

And_One
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by And_One » 2007-11-12 16:50

btw i wonder why some of the files dont have a closing ?> php tag .... ?

IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Post by IOsetting » 2007-11-12 18:09

Hi And_One,

I just checked the files and found two of them are damaged, phpBB3_includes_auth/helper.php and plugins/user/phpbb3.php, each lines were added a strange "?" at the end.
All the files were got from the demo site through ftp, I don't know why :beated:

I have corrected the files, please re-download it to see if it works.

jilingshu
新手入门
新手入门

Post by jilingshu » 2007-11-13 16:33

your idea is good,but there is still some problems:
1.i have already installed my Jommla,and i do not want to lost any data.what shall i do?can i use phpmyadmin to alter the table structure?
2.i have a lot of accounts in phpbb,i don;t want to lost them.could u publish a programme to convert them into Joomla?
3.i found that u have changed a lot of files.is there no way to make a mod for joolma to use the auth moulde of phpbb?i don;t want to change so much files.
4.it looks like that u programme cannot show the latest post or the special topic.do u want to add these functions to ur progeamme?

thx!

And_One
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by And_One » 2007-11-13 18:26

i figured it out whats the problem at all with the array errors. it is how the loader.php from joomla works. it includes via jimport($path), thats ok so far, but it only returns a boolean. so for me it is not the same behavior like in phpbb3. they use the confusable.php like $variable = include($path) and that is not the same like the joomla loader works with jimport. to fix the problem you have to adapt the loader.php and add the return value for every include() command. other way would be to use it like phpbb3 do, with the original php include() command. i saw some example on php.net where other users explained $var = include($path) so i think it is ok to adapt the loader.php. maybe this has to be reported to the joomla dev team as a bugreport/feature request.

Find attached my changed, working loader.php.
Attachments
loader.zip
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Post by IOsetting » 2007-11-13 19:20

And_One wrote:i figured it out whats the problem at all with the array errors. it is how the loader.php from joomla works. it includes via jimport($path), thats ok so far, but it only returns a boolean. so for me it is not the same behavior like in phpbb3.
I test my code in joomla 1.5 RC3. You are using latest svn checkout, so it's the difference which cause the errors.
You are right, using include() will work. In this way you just need change all the jimport under phpbbtools folder to something like:

Code: Select all

$homographs = include(dirname(__FILE__).'/data/confusables.php'); 

IOsetting
论坛管理员
论坛管理员

Post by IOsetting » 2007-11-13 19:28

jilingshu wrote:your idea is good,but there is still some problems:
1.i have already installed my Jommla,and i do not want to lost any data.what shall i do?can i use phpmyadmin to alter the table structure?
2.i have a lot of accounts in phpbb,i don;t want to lost them.could u publish a programme to convert them into Joomla?
3.i found that u have changed a lot of files.is there no way to make a mod for joolma to use the auth moulde of phpbb?i don;t want to change so much files.
4.it looks like that u programme cannot show the latest post or the special topic.do u want to add these functions to ur progeamme?
thx!
1&2, You can make joomla work with the users of phpbb, I offer another plugin to implement this, please see the authentication plugin under plugins/authentication/ .
Anyway, you have to decide which user data will be used(and abandon another one). I think it better moving all the phpbb users to joomla, for joomla have fewer restrictions on user name.
3, I didn't change any file of joomla, you only need copy&paste one folder and install one plugin.
4, Those are future features. I don't want to hack into joomla too much for the present.

jilingshu
新手入门
新手入门

Post by jilingshu » 2007-11-14 12:38

IOsetting wrote:
jilingshu wrote:your idea is good,but there is still some problems:
thx!
1&2, You can make joomla work with the users of phpbb, I offer another plugin to implement this, please see the authentication plugin under plugins/authentication/ .
Anyway, you have to decide which user data will be used(and abandon another one). I think it better moving all the phpbb users to joomla, for joomla have fewer restrictions on user name.
3, I didn't change any file of joomla, you only need copy&paste one folder and install one plugin.
4, Those are future features. I don't want to hack into joomla too much for the present.
yeah,great~
4.i mean if u can make a plugin for joomla to show the topics.is plugin for joomla have no ablity to show the topics?

by the way,i want to convert the user data to joomla from phpbb,what can i do?
Last edited by jilingshu on 2007-11-14 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

jilingshu
新手入门
新手入门

Post by jilingshu » 2007-11-14 15:13

i found a plugin,it looks good~
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/
mod_phpbb_activity is a module that displays different types of postings from your phpbb2.X installation.
In can be configured in various ways, for example to show last active topics, last created topics or last posted messages. You can decide if you want to show username, date, topic or body from the latest post to a topic or from the topic itself, etc etc...
It works with a phpbb installation inside your joomla database or you can specify a different phpbb database, even on a different host.
Long story short: You want to display recent postings to your phpbb board on your joomla website? Grab this! It probably has more customizing options than you need and if something is still missing, post to the forum at the project website and let me know.
but it only support joomla 1.0 and phpbb 2.
could u fix it?

dexyc33
初来乍到
初来乍到

Post by dexyc33 » 2007-11-15 5:10

IOsetting wrote:Simple Joomla1.5 Bridge for phpBB3.0 Build 20071112
Hey! Actually this Bridge works for me, at least for my local joomla+phpbb3!!! Thanks man!

I'm gonna try this for my website...